Sounds neat, will definitely be keeping an eye on the project as it develops!
A downloadable game
+++ Currently in development: set to be released in Autumn 2017 for Mac, Windows and Android (Official Website of American Angst) +++
You wake up in pitch black darkness. You know not where you are. You know not who you are. And they’re trying to kill you...
In American Angst, a text-based multiple-choice survival horror game with RPG elements and dark humor set in a very near future dystopian United States, you try to escape from an underground prison complex – all the while suffering from amnesia, fighting off guards seeking your death, and slowly unravelling the mystery that brought you to this place, as you traverse the thin line between survival and revenge…
Created with Twine by Misha Verollet, American Angst is an interactive fiction in the vein of Choose your own Adventure games.
- Multiple Endings: Even minor decisions impact the narrative
- Replay value: The full story unfolds by experiencing the different endings
- Monitor your stats: Health, panic status, inventory, weapons, ...
- Round-based Combat System
- Autosave and Checkpoints
- Text-based, no graphics or sound effects: Just you and your imagination!
- Warning: Graphic Violence, Explicit Language, Dark Humor, Gore
- Approx. 50k words
- Approx. 45 - 60 minutes of estimated play time (depending on your pace and choices you make)
American Angst will be available on itch.io as pay what you want and on Steam as a Deluxe Edition. Find out below what the Steam Deluxe Edition contains:
From the creator:
"American Angst is a pastiche of slasher, survival horror, dungeon crawler and RPG games, influenced by 70s exploitation horror flicks and video nasties like The Hills have Eyes and The Last House on the Left, as well as films like Cube, Hostel and Running Man, or games like Resident Evil and Dead Space. American Angst is my first foray into game creation with Twine. It started as an experiment but quickly scaled to a larger pet project. I welcome your constructive criticism." – Misha Verollet
|Published||107 days ago|
|Release date||45 days ago|
|Tags||Dark Humor, Dystopian, Horror, Interactive Fiction, Multiple Endings, Story Rich, Survival Horror, Tactical RPG, text-based, Twine|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Links||Homepage, Twitter, Community|
- Devlog #6: I changed my mind – I will be also publishing on Steam 21 days ago
- Devlog #5: Why I will be publishing via Itch.io, GameJolt and Google Play, but n... 42 days ago
- Devlog #4: About current Progress, and multiple endings and their impact on the ... 46 days ago
- Devlog #3: Review of and my takeaways from "Strayed" (by Adventure Cow) 104 days ago
- Devlog #2: Escalating Agency in Interactive Fiction 106 days ago
- Devlog #1: 40 Percent done 107 days ago